- Church Lay Training
Church Lay Training
Church Lay Counseling Training Program! For educating lay counselors in your church or Christian organization and ministry. Check out the Lay Counseling Certificate Course for individuals seeking to minister to others!
Are you a pastor or ministry leader wondering how to start a lay helping program in your church or ministry?
Would you like to train others to skillfully help troubled people and to know when someone needs more help than your church can give?
At CounselCare Connection, P.C. we now offer the CCC Church Lay Training Curriculum so that you can oversee and train lay people to be effective helpers for hurting people in your congregation.
CounselCare Connection's Lay Helping Training Course for Churches includes:
1. NEW 2010 expanded manual (over 140 pgs)- How to Help Hurting People - for teaching lay counseling skills (includes power point seminar);
2. Online access for your students to the lay counseling program, exam, application, forms and web articles;
3. LifeCARE Ministries manual with policies and procedures for instituting a lay counseling and support group program in your church; lay counseling power point presentation on CD. Exam answers for leaders!
4. Audio CDs (approx. 4.5 hours) of Lay Counseling Training seminar presented at Calvary Memorial Church in Oak Park, Illinois by Steve Yeschek, LCSW and Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC.
5. Safe Relationships manual for teaching a Christian response to domestic violence and the one hour audio cd: Overcoming the Darkness of Domestic Violence.
*Scoring and certificates through CounselCare Connection available upon request.
These resources have been co-authored by Steve Yeschek, LCSW and Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC using a solid, biblical perspective. Both Steve and Lynette have directed lay counseling and support ministries for many years in each of their churches. Steve and Lynette have over 20 years each of counseling experience and have presented seminars for lay counselors in churches. Steve is an Associate Pastor in his church and co-founder with Lynette of CounselCare Connection, P.C.
What's included in CounselCare Connection's Lay Training Program:?
1. Lay Counselor Training manual - "How to Help Those Who are Hurting"
2. Power point presentation of the Lay Counselor Training curriculum on CD.
3. Online access to lay counseling program and exam, forms and web articles.
4. Eight session outline for leaders includes the following tools: LifeCARE Leader's manual, 5 lay counseling training (audio) CDs with Steve Yeschek, LCSW and Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC.
5. One (one hour) domestic violence audio CD presentation and hand-outs by Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC, Domestic Violence Advocate. Presented at 2004 American Association of Christian Counselors conference.
6. Safe Relationships - Domestic Violence manual: overview of domestic violence with a Christian perspective and response.
7. Pdf file of Lay Counseling manual with permission for unlimited duplication in your organization.
Teach your students R.E.A.L. helping skills to... Reach, Encourage, Assist and Lead hurting people or those in crisis.
Teach specific helping steps for and when to refer those with:
- Crisis and Trauma
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Sexual Addictions
- Child Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Teen and Children issues
Pay for course below or Email Lynette Hoy , NCC, LCPC with any questions or place your credit card order by phone: 630-368-1880, ext. 1.
Instructions for teaching the Lay Counseling Training curriculum:
The LifeCARE Ministries Manual is a guide for the teacher, counselor or ministry leader providing policies and procedures for setting up a lay counseling program in the church or organization.
Lay Counseling Training CDs and power point presentation for leaders: Teaching tools for training lay counselors to effectively intervene, support and refer hurting people family members, friends or church attendees who are struggling with personal and relational issues and/or may be in crisis. Presentation includes "R.E.A.L." helping skills. How to: Reach; Encourage; Assist and Lead people in crisis.
The Audio CDs include presentations from the Lay Counselors seminar held in Oak Park, Illinois at Calvary Memorial Church with speakers: Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC and Steve Yeschek, LCSW.
Order this course by calling Lynette Hoy at 630-368-1880, ext. 1 to pay by credit card or through Pay Pal below. You will be paying CounselCare Connection, P.C.
$500.00 plus shipping and handling includes the following: LifeCARE (leaders) manual, 5 lay counseling audio cds, lay counseling power point presentation on CD, one safe relationships manual, a domestic violence (one hour) audio cd, and CD with pdf file of lay counseling manual with permission for unlimited duplication. Includes contract for churches or ministry organizations for duplication rights.
www.counselcareconnection.org 2000 Spring Rd., Suite 603, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Check out the Lay Counseling Certificate Course for individuals!