Lay Counseling Certificate Course for learning Christian lay counseling skills. Check out CounselCare Connection's Church Lay Counseling Training Program!
Do you like helping people?
Do you often find yourself in situations with people in emotional, personal or relational crisis or transitions? Maybe you are a gifted encourager, caring helper or lay counselor.
You may encounter people with problems who often ask you for help and guidance. You may receive emails or questions from individuals who are going through difficulties and relationship issues.
Because of your desire to counsel and guide individuals - you may be seeking a deeper understanding of people and the skills to be a more effective people helper in your church or organization.
At CounselCare Connection, P.C. we now offer the Lay Counseling Training Certificate Course. This course can now be completed online and/or by reading the NEW 2010 expanded manual, listening to the Lay Counselor Training Seminar on audio CDs (approx. 4.5 hours) presented by Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC and Steve Yeschek, LCSW at Calvary Memorial Church in Oak Park, Illinois.
Here are the resources included in CounselCare Connnection's Program for Lay Counselors:
1. Expanded (142 pgs.) and updated manual (2010) for Lay Counselor Training "How to Help Those Who are Hurting"
2. Online access to lay counseling program and exam, forms and web articles.
3. Audio Learning CDs: 5 lay counseling training audio CDs with Steve Yeschek, LCSW and Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC.
4. One (one hour) domestic violence audio CD presentation and hand-outs by Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC, Domestic Violence Advocate. Presented at the 2004 American Association of Christian Counselors conference.
4. Lay Counselor Certificate awarded upon completion of application, final exam, statement of faith and recommendation from a pastor or ministry leader.
Learn R.E.A.L. helping skills to... Reach, Encourage, Assist and Lead hurting people or those in crisis.
CounselCare Connection's Lay Counselor Training Course will answer these questions and more.
....How can I help someone in crisis?
....What will help me overcome the fear I have about helping?
....How can I identify when someone needs more help than I can give?
....How can I demonstrate empathy and know when to refer?
....What is the Christian counseling process and how does it differ from secular psychology?
Learn specific helping steps for and when to refer those with:
Once the final exam is successfully completed - you will receive the Lay Counselor Certificate
Pay for course below or Email Lynette Hoy , NCC, LCPC with any questions or to place your credit card order by phone: 630.368.1880, ext. 1.
REACH WITH DISCERNMENT:
REAL Helping Skills
Encourage with Hope and Scriptures
Assist with Truth Key Questions
Lead with Resources
When to Refer Severity of Symptoms
Legal & Ethical Concerns
How would you define Christian counseling?
What are the Goals Christian Counseling?
Christian Counseling vs. Secular Psychology Summary
Instructions for use of the Lay Counseling Training curriculum: